School Coordinator’s Summary
Field Trip Date Requests | Please complete the registration form below for school and community group field trips. Please register a minimum of three weeks prior to the visit date.
Time Specifications | STEMfusion is offered beginning at 9:00, 10:00 or 11:00. Check your specific program for individual time frames.
Group Size | A minimum number of 15 students is required. STEMfusion is limited to 30 students. One adult for every ten students is required. Field Trips may be scheduled over multiple days for larger groups. Please indicate this in “Additional Information” below.
Field Trip Availability | STEMfusion is available on Monday – Friday, please check our website for current closures due to scheduled maintenance or facility events.
Late Arrival Policy | Your school field trip reserves time with our Education Staff, with this in consideration, we cannot guarantee staff or content for late arrivals. A 15 minute grace period will be observed. We recommend arriving 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your field trip to check-in, pay, and use the facilities.
Pricing | STEMfusion is FREE for Polk County Schools, out of county school fees are $6.00 per student, $8.00 per teacher (1 free teacher for every 10 students), and $8.00 per chaperone. Please let us know if the school will be paying for the chaperones or if they are responsible for their own admission to the Museum.
Payment | After your Registration form has been received and a date has been confirmed you will receive an email with your invoice and additional payment information. No refunds for weather or special circumstances; we will instead reschedule your field trip for another date.
Confirmation Details | Once we receive your request, we will verify availability and create a group reservation. Confirmation of your group reservation will be sent via email. If we are unable to accommodate your request, we will contact you via phone and/or email to discuss alternatives for your group.
Important Note | Please note that pre-registration for STEMfusion is required. Groups that come to the Museum without pre-registration may pay regular admission fees but may not be offered the STEMfusion Experience.
Refunds | Sorry, no refunds if tour is cancelled within 72 hours of schedule visit.
Contact | Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Field Trip Policies
- Buses should use the Rocky Road entrance, make an immediate right turn and park under the trees next to the Pavilion.
- Upon arrival, ACE Staff will meet you at the entrance of the Museum.
- If you are bringing lunch, coolers may be placed on the Stage under the Pavilion. No food services are offered on our campus.
- No food, candy, or drinks allowed in the Museum except in the Pavilion Area.
- Lunches may be eaten at the Aerospace Pavilion at the picnic tables.
- Students must be supervised at all times by an adult chaperone. One adult per 10 students is required.
- Due to other tours and possible events taking place in the Museum, groups are asked to keep the volume at a minimum using their indoor voices.
- No running in the Museum.
- Bathrooms are available inside the Museum. During lunch, the Eickhoff Building will be open from the back of the stage to access bathrooms. Students are to remain on the first floor to use the bathrooms.