Come experience the world of Aerospace and STEM with a visit to the Aerospace Center for Excellence! Your students will be immersed in hands-on and problem-based learning ranging from hot air balloons, rockets, aircraft maintenance, flight simulators, museum exhibits and scavenger hunts. Each program has their own unique objective based on grade-level standards. When you register, select the program for your student’s grade-level (Elementary, Middle or High School). Once you have submitted your registration form the Education Director will send you a tailored schedule for your Field Trip.
The Aerospace Center for Excellence STEMfusion includes:
- Grade-Level appropriate curriculum driven by problem-solving, discovery and exploratory learning.
- Collaboration, Communication, and critical thinking skills incorporated throughout the curriculum
School Coordinator’s Summary
Field Trip Date Requests | Please complete the registration form below for school and community group field trips. Please register a minimum of three weeks prior to the visit date.
Time Specifications | STEMfusion typically lasts for 2-3 hours depending on age, activities and facility availability. Please plan accordingly when you input your time of arrival and departure in the form below.
Group Size | A minimum number of 15 students is required. STEMfusion is limited to 100 students. Field Trips may be scheduled over multiple days for larger groups. Please indicate this in “Additional Information” below.
Field Trip Availability | STEMfusion is available Monday-Friday and scheduled between 10 am – 4 pm, please check our website for current closures due to scheduled maintenance or facility events.
Late Arrival Policy | Your school field trip reserves time with our Education Staff, with this in consideration, we cannot guarantee staff or content for late arrivals. A 15 minute grace period will be observed. We recommend arriving 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your field trip to check-in, pay, and use the facilities.
Pricing | $6.00 per student, $8.00 per teacher (1 free teacher for every 10 students), and $8.00 per chaperone. Please let us know if the school will be paying for the chaperones or if they are responsible for their own admission to the Museum.
Payment | After your Registration form has been received and a date confirmed. You will be asked to provide the $20 non-refundable reservation fee. Payments can be processed via credit card, cash or check. The remainder of the payment will be collected on the day of your field trip at the Museum Front Desk. No refunds for weather or special circumstances; we will instead reschedule your field trip for another date. Payment is required for the number of students confirmed at the time of arrival. Make checks payable to: Aerospace Center for Excellence.
Confirmation Details | Once we receive your request, we will verify availability and create a group reservation. Confirmation of your group reservation will be sent via email. If we are unable to accommodate your request, we will contact you via phone and/or email to discuss alternatives for your group.
Important Note | Please note that pre-registration for STEMfusion is required. Groups that come to the Museum without pre-registration may pay regular admission fees but may not be offered the STEMfusion Experience.
Refunds | Sorry, no refunds if tour is cancelled within 72 hours of schedule visit.
Contact | Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Field Trip Policies
- Buses should use the Rocky Road entrance, make an immediate right turn and park under the trees next to the Pavilion.
- Upon arrival, ACE Staff will meet you at the entrance of the Museum.
- If you are bringing lunch, coolers may be placed on the Stage under the Pavilion. No food services are offered on our campus.
- No food, candy, or drinks allowed in the Museum except in the Pavilion Area.
- Lunches may be eaten at the Aerospace Pavilion at the picnic tables.
- Students must be supervised at all times by an adult chaperone. One adult per 10 students is required.
- Due to other tours and possible events taking place in the Museum, groups are asked to keep the volume at a minimum using their indoor voices.
- No running in the Museum.
- Bathrooms are available inside the Museum. During lunch, the Eickhoff Building will be open from the back of the stage to access bathrooms. Students are to remain on the first floor to use the bathrooms.