SUN ' n FUN Fly-In int ' l Expo - April 10 - 15, 2018 - Achat de billets aujourd'hui!
FAQ 2017-11-29T18:22:44+00:00

Guest Services


Frequently Asked Questions

We get many, many questions each day about the fly-in. Some are unique, but many are similar. This FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page has the answers to some of the most common questions.

Please look through this site carefully before you call or e-mail us with questions. Many times, the information you need is readily available on the web site.

Q. Can I bring a backpack? A. Yes

Q. Can I bring my own chair? A. Yes

Q. Can I bring my own cooler? A. Refroidisseurs sont autorisés dans le camping seulement.

Q. Can I bring a pop-up tent? A. Tente pop-up est autorisés dans le camping seulement.

Q. A number of us are coming to SUN ‘n FUN but won’t arrive at the same time. How can we make sure that we can camp together?

A. The first person who arrives must register for the entire party. Then that person is allowed to rope off the area in which the group is to camp. The campground host is located on-site if you need assistance.

Q. I want to make sure that I’ll be able to camp on-site. Can I reserve a camping spot now?

A. Camping spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Camping and Convention Registration can be purchased online. However this purchase does not reserve a specific location in the campground. You are not permitted to mark off a camping location unless a permit has been purchased. A lack of camping space has not been a problem in the past, although you may be placed some distance from the main convention site.

Q. I am attending the fly-in with a number friends and we are going to share a large tent or trailer. Does the camping registration fee apply to each of us or towards one camping spot? And how big is such a spot?

A. Camping fee is per unit, so you and your friends only need to pay a one-time registration fee for your tent or trailer. The size of your spot depends on the unit in which you are camping.

Q. What is the difference between Convention RV/Aircraft Camping and Overnight RV / Aircraft Camping?

A. Convention camping, can be with a tent, RV or Aircraft (GAC), and is considered weekly camping. You will charged a flat weekly rate (actually it is a four day rate). Although it is primitive camping, a camp store, showers, water and port-a-potties are located nearby.

Overnight Camping, can be a tent, RV or Aircraft (ONC), and is considered daily camping. You are charged a per day rate. In most cases, Facilities such as supplies, showers, water and port-a-potties are located some distance away.

Q. Are pets allowed at the fly-in?

A. Pets are restricted to Convention RV Campground Areas ONLY. All pets must be leashed and clean-up is required! Guests are encouraged to leave their pets at home.

Q. Can I rent a golf cart at the fly-in?

A. Golf carts are only available for official job-related purposes and not available to the general public. If you are in need of a ride, you can always hop a ride on one of our on-site shuttles. The shuttles begin operation Monday, prior to opening day and continue through the fly-in, running daily from approximately 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Routes cover almost the entire fly-in site. A route map will be published in the SUN ‘n FUN Informaton Guide.

Q. Can I bring a bicycle to get around the fly-in site?

A. For safety reasons, guest are prohibited from using bicycles, Hoverboards, in-line skates or skates, golf carts, skateboards and similar items in the main fly-in site (those confined to wheelchairs or other mobile devices, contact the fly-in for more information). Bicycles are allowed only in the campgrounds.

Q. What happens when the airport is full? I don’t want to fly somewhere else.

A. Fortunately, you probably will not have to. Lakeland Linder Regional Airport (LAL) is very large and has ample parking and camping space. We have never had to turn airplanes — or people — away.

Q. I’m driving to SUN ‘n FUN, but how do I get there?

A. There are several exits off of Interstate 4 that will take you to SUN ‘n FUN. Please go to the Getting There page for more information on directions.

Q. I’m flying in to Orlando/Tampa. Will there be transportation available to the fly-in?

A. SUN ‘n FUN doesn’t provide transportation to and from Orlando or Tampa, nor do we keep schedule information on any of the transportation services at these airports. SUN ‘n FUN Headquarters can provide some updated information regarding airport transportation. It is up to you to contact the airport or local limo service to inquire on rental cars or transportation. More information can be found on the Getting There Page.

Q. How do I volunteer at SUN ‘n FUN?

A. Unless you know specifically where you want to volunteer, the best thing to do is to check in at the Volunteer Center during the fly-in. The center is located on Doolittle Rd. east of the Florida Air Museum. If you know where you want to work, please contact SUN ‘n FUN and let us know. We will put you in touch with the Chairman for that area.

Q. I would like to link to this site from my homepage. Can I use the SUN ‘n FUN logo and name?

A. The SUN ‘n FUN name and logo are registered trademarks. Refer to our legal notice for more information on its proper and legal use.

Do you have an exhibitor question? Email us at or call 863 644-2431.

Liberty Univ