2017 Project: STRATOS
SUN ‘n FUN’s Aerospace Center for Excellence is pleased to launch its third annual Project: STRATOS aerospace-themed essay contest for Polk County high school juniors. The one-page essays are due Feb. 6, 2017 as per the rules below. Any high school junior – public, private or home-schooled – is welcome to participate.
Twenty-four semi-finalists will be selected from the submitted essays and then interviewed. Ten of the 24 semi-finalists will be selected as finalists and awarded the distinction of being STRATOS Squadron Ambassadors during the 2017 SUN ‘n FUN Fly-In. Additional rewards and recognition for semi-finalists and finalists include Fly-In tickets, swag and more. See complete list below. More importantly, this distinction will look great on scholarship and college applications.
Complete details are available at https://www.flysnf.org//sun-n-fun-intl-fly-expo/project-stratos/
Rewards and recognition for finalists:
- Possibility of a flight with one of the airshow performers
- Participation in the Blue Angels symposium
- NIKON Camera with Memory Card
- Four (4) Free week-long passes to SUN n FUN 2017
- Meet and greet / photo opportunity with aerospace industry leaders
- Project STRATOS polo shirt and T-Shirt
- SUN ‘n FUN Key Chain
- Interviews on Florida Aviation Network and SUN ‘n FUN Radio
- Publication of their name and school in the SUN ‘n FUN Program guide
Rewards and recognition for semi-finalists:
- Two free day of choice passes to SUN ‘n FUN 2017
- Publication of their name and school in the SUN ‘n FUN Program Guide.
- SUN ‘n FUN Keychain
- Project STRATOS T-Shirt
Entries will be accepted from all High School juniors (or high school students currently in their 3rd year). From the hundreds of entries, a pool of up to 24 Semi-Finalists will be selected. Semi-Finalists will be determined in the form of an aerospace-themed essay contest as described below. The length of the essay should be no more than one (1) page in 12 point Times New Roman font.
Essays should be emailed to STRATOS@flysnf.org along with student’s shirt size and photo by Feb. 7, 2017.
- People – What was their accomplishment, and why is it significant?
- Events – What made this event significant to the evolution of aviation?
- Aircraft/spacecraft – What made this a milestone for aviation?