Director of Marketing/Communications/P.R.
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
The position reports to the CEO and serves as a member of the senior management
This position participates with the CEO and other management staff in charting the
direction of the Organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the CEO, senior management team, staff of the Marketing/Communications/P.R. function, and the service providers.
Outside the agency, the position coordinates primarily with the media.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
- a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
- all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications, social media posts, and related marketing visibility.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, social media,
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist Organization in the marketing, communications and positioning of its
- Provide counsel to Organization on marketing, communications and public
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research. Monitor
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special
Planning and Budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the CEO and Board.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
- Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to:
- develop and maintain a strategic perspective — based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction — in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and,
- ensure the overall health and vitality of the
- Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional
- Supervises Creative Services Manager and works with same to develop production
materials, schedules, and priorities.
- Oversee all media interaction and representatives during the annual SUN ‘n FUN Fly-In
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the
- Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the Organization by:
- transmitting the Organization’s values, vision, and direction;
- engaging people in the meaning of the Organization;
- respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
- providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people’s skills; articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
- communicating, which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning;
- encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
- anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution
- 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time with adherence to time sensitive deadlines
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
- Experience communicating with local, national, and international stakeholders
- Expert in social media marketing and analytics
- Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Experience in the not-for-profit industry
- Graduate degree in a related field
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience in the aviation or education industry
- $55 – $65,000, dependent on experience and qualifications
Please submit Cover Letters and Resumes to LFuller@flysnf.org