EarlyBird volunteers commit to live on our SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus from January 15th to a week after the show. To be an EarlyBird we require you live at least 50 miles from the SUN ‘n FUN campus. EarlyBirds are asked to commit to 4 – 8 hour days. You may choose to work Monday – Thursday, Tuesday – Friday or Thursday – Sunday. The only time this changes is during what we call “Crunch Time” this is a month before the Fly-In. EarlyBird’s primary function is to prepare SUN ‘n FUN for the Fly-In. However because our venue has grown to so much more we also will need help with other events (Dog show, BBQ completions, Car shows Florida Hog Rally’s as in Harley Davidson style and a whole lot more. It is important that you/spouse are able to walk unassisted during the work day and lift objects weighing at least 20-50 pounds.
- Every EarlyBird volunteer needs to be a member of the Aerospace Center of Excellence at the Florida Air Museum. Special rate for memberships are offer to the EarlyBird family only. This rate is DISCOUNTED off the standard membership rates. The rates are as follows: Individual Membership $20.00, Dual $35.00 and a family membership (of 4) $60.00. Membership is only for 1 year. The discounted membership offers free or discounted admission to over 200 Science and Technology Museums around the nation. (Through our membership in the Association of Science and Technology Center) reciprocal membership information can be found at astc.org
- Free admission to the Museum for one full year
- Discount (10%) in the Gifts of Flight store (even on-line!)
- Yearly email blasts
- Invitations to MEMBERS ONLY events such as our annual Rendezvous.
- As an EarlyBird living in our campground you can also look forward to these great benefits: Full RV hook-ups, free wireless, really great affordable lunches in our volunteer kitchen, meet interesting people from all over the country and Canada, share stories around the fire pit, physical labor that enhances sleep, learn new skills, free dinners from time to time, friendly “bocce ball” competitions, free comic relief from staff members and last but not least being a part of the best aviation expo on the planet!
We hope you will consider joining the SUN ‘n FUN family. Please fill out the application below completely. If you have any questions, please email Robin McFarland, Volunteer Director at SUN ‘n FUN and the Aerospace Center for Excellence or call her at 863-644-2431. Once your application is received and reviewed Robin will contact you. If there is an opening we will send you a letter or email of acceptance notifying you we have a camping spot available. If there is no camping spot available at that time we will notify you and ask if you would like to be put on our waiting list.